News:   •  Restaurants   •  Schools   •  Police   •  Map  •  Movies  •  Library Catalog, Activities  •  Facebook / Twitter / RSS

Monrovia Police: Burglaries; Refusing to Leave Hotel; Drunk in Public

[Monrovia Police activities from the Police Department's Neighborhood Watch Report for March 30 - April 1. - Brad Haugaard]

During the last seven-day period, the Police Department handled 425 service events, resulting in 71 investigations.

March 30 at 7:21 a.m., an officer was dispatched to the 1000 block of South Canyon regarding a vandalism incident. Unknown suspect(s) spray painted a block wall to a preschool center. The investigation is continuing.

March 30 at 8:51 a.m., an officer responded to the 500 block of East Colorado on the report of vandalism to a vehicle. The victim parked his van on the street. When he returned to his vehicle, someone had vandalized the sliding door of the truck with a green marker. The investigation is continuing.

Residential Burglary
March 30 at 10:51 p.m., a residential burglary was reported in the 600 block of California. The residents left the location for the weekend. When they returned home, they found the rear sliding door had been smashed out with a large rock. Officers checked the inside of the residence, but did not locate any suspects. The only items taken were two jewelry boxes. The investigation is continuing.

Hit and Run Traffic Collision
March 31 at 8:58 p.m., an officer was dispatched to a hit and run traffic collision in the 600 block of West Maple. The reporting party witnessed the collision and knew the suspect, who had been recently served with a restraining order by his ex-girlfriend. It appears the suspect tried to enter the ex-girlfriend's driveway and hit the neighbor's vehicle and then fled the scene. The officer located the suspect vehicle at the suspect's residence in the 400 block of South Alta Vista. The suspect was not at the residence. The vehicle was towed as evidence of a hit and run and a verified complaint was filed against the suspect for violating the restraining order.

Trespassing – Suspect Arrested
April 1 at 7:05 a.m., staff from a hotel in the 900 block of South Fifth Avenue phoned police to report a former guest that had been evicted for nonpayment was in their lobby and would not leave. The manager told the officer that the subject was not welcome on the property. An officer responded, but the subject had left the location. The staff called again at 2:45 p.m. as the subject had returned. Police responded and located the subject passed out in the lobby. The suspect was arrested for trespassing.

Vehicle Burglaries 
April 1, at approximately 12:10 p.m., two vehicle burglaries were reported that occurred in a parking structure in the 700 block of South Myrtle Avenue. Both vehicles were locked and had been parked in the secured resident parking area. The investigation is continuing.

Felony Driving Under the Influence / Injury Traffic Collision – Suspect Arrested
April 1 at 1:04 p.m., a traffic collision was reported at Myrtle Avenue and Huntington Drive. A passenger vehicle had rear ended an MTA Bus. During the investigation, the driver of the passenger vehicle was determined to be intoxicated. A passenger from the bus complained of pain and was taken to a hospital for treatment. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and taken into custody.

Commercial Burglary
April 1 at 2:44 p.m., employees from a church in the 400 block of East Huntington arrived at the location and discovered several items were missing from the facility. Employees could not confirm if the building was locked the night before. The investigation is continuing.

Trespassing / Drunk in Public – Suspect Arrested
April 2 at 3:20 a.m., employees of a hotel in the 900 block of South Fifth Avenue called and stated there was a male adult subject causing a disturbance in their lobby and he refused to leave. Officers arrived and arrested the male adult for trespassing and being drunk in public. This was the second time the subject was arrested for trespassing at the location within 24 hours. He was held for the likelihood of reoccurrence, pending his court appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment