~ Spark of Love Toy drive on the 400 Block of Myrtle on Saturday, Nov. 26.
~ Horse-drawn carriage rides 3-6 p.m. on these Sundays: Dec. 4, Dec. 11, and Dec. 18. Also on Thursday evenings.
~ Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. at the corner of Myrtle and Lime on Thursday, Dec. 1, followed by Christmas parade at 7 p.m. (Parade Route is along Myrtle through Old Town.
~ Santa Claus breakfasts in Old Town: Peach Cafe Dec. 3 and 17 at 8 a.m.; Monrovian Family Restaurant Dec. 17 at 9 a.m.; Jake's Roadhouse Dec. 3 and 10 at 9:30 a.m.; Rudy's Mexican Restaurant Dec. 12 and 17 at 11 a.m.; and Myrtle Tree Cafe Dec. 10 at 10:15 a.m. Contact restaurant for reservations.
~ Santa in a fire truck tours the city. Here's his schedule:
- Monday, Dec 12: south of Huntington, west of Myrtle to Fifth. Also includes Valley Circle.
- Tuesday, Dec 13: East of Myrtle, north of Foothill.
- Wednesday, Dec 14: West of Myrtle, north of Foothill.
- Thursday, Dec. 15: East of Myrtle, south of Foothill, north of Duarte Road.
- Friday, Dec 16: West of Myrtle, south of Foothill to Huntington, between Myrtle and Fifth
For more information, contact The Monrovia Police Department at 256-8000.
~ New Year's Eve in Old Town, with a beer and wine garden (for adults), family fun, and a midnight ball raising.
- Brad Haugaard