In his weekly report, City Manager Oliver Chi reports that ...
- The city's Directly Elected Mayor Advisory Review Committee will hold public meetings to hear what people think about switching back to a rotating mayor. The meetings are:
June 9 at 7 p.m. in the Library Community Room; June 14 at 8 a.m. at the Monrovia Chamber of Commerce (620 S. Myrtle);
June 22 at 7 p.m. at the Wine of the Month Club (former Calvary Chapel) at 123 W. Pomona Ave. Chi writes that any change will have to be approved by a citywide vote.
- The City Council and Historic Preservation Committee will meet together June 20 at 7 p.m. In the Council Chambers to discuss possible changes to the historic preservation ordinances.
- If you were looking forward to using the Monrovia High pool this summer, sorry. Delays. Plastering will not begin until June 20 and all the work is not expected to be completed until August.
- A franchise agreement with Raw Inspiration will be ready for City Council consideration at its June 21 meeting.
- City staff has been touring other community centers in the area to get ideas for improving Monrovia's community center.
- The city is looking for a company to help update Monrovia's Park Master Plan.
- Monrovia Library is working with Mt. Sierra College on ARTPal, a program to introduce Monrovia K-12 student to art by matching them with Mt. Sierra students. The two will create a project and enter it in a contest. For more information, visit the Library or call 256-8274!
- Brad Haugaard