In his weekly report ( http://goo.gl/Ugi5L0 ), City Manager Oliver Chi reports that ...
- the 4th Dimension/Community Center project is pretty dead. "After discussing the matter further, the Hale Corporation shared with the City that they would cancel escrow on their proposed purchase of the 4th Dimension facility. That cancellation effectively ends the proposed 4th Dimension / Community Center initiative." A formal City Council action upcoming.
- Open House Workshop to discuss Bicycle Master Plan at the Monrovia Community Center (119 West Palm Avenue) on Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 6 p.m. (Preceded by community bike ride at 5 p.m. starting at Library Park.
- Meetings to ask Monrovians what they want in their parks. Saturday, Jan. 30 from 9-11:00 a.m. in the Library Community Room; Saturday, Feb. 6 from 9-11 a.m. at Fire Station 102 (2055 S. Myrtle Avenue). Call Public Services Department for more info: 256-8246.
- With more rain likely, sandbags available here: Public Services Corporate Yard (600 S. Mountain Avenue, from 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Thursday); Community Center (119 W Palm Ave from 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday); Monrovia Fire Station 101 (141 East Lemon Avenue) and Fire Station 102 (2055 South Myrtle Avenue). Also, gravel for residents at 900 Block of Crescent (between Madison and El Nido); 352 Hill Street (North-East corner of Hill Street and Prospect Avenue); and Recreation Park (near Barney Glen Baseball Field Parking Lot). BYO shovel, gloves, goggles.
- Bob Dollins has been recognized as the 2015 Volunteer of the Year for the Canyon Park / Hillside Wilderness Preserve. Also, Tod Barry and Bonny Hidas received Spirit Awards for their humility and loyalty.
- Brad Haugaard