From City Manager Oliver Chi's weekly report ( http://goo.gl/TsLjrq ):
- A 1920s Spanish Revival cottage in Monrovia, by Jessie and Tina Rodriguez, will be featured in a new reality show called "Vintage Flip," in which a "creative couple will find, buy, restore, and market a vintage home." City staff members, including Craig Jimenez, Planning Manager, and Ili Lobaco, Associate Planner, will be featured in the episode.
- The Monrovia Legacy Project is compiling historical materials about the city, starting with City Historian Steve Baker's collection. If you have historic Monrovia materials you would like to share, contact Sandy Burud (firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-3423) or Tina Cherry (email@example.com or 256-8226)
- Pro-Active Tutoring will provide free tutoring on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4-5 p.m. during the school year for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Tutors are college age students and Monrovia High honor students.
- Monrovia has sent two fire engine teams to help fight fires near Murphyville in Northern California.
- The city briefly stopped representatives of Huntington Plaza Shopping Center (the shopping center anchored by Sprouts Farmers Market and Walgreens) from reconstructing the center's parking lot. City staff inspected the work and reviewed the plans to ensure proper drainage so the contractor could quickly get back to work.
- Brad Haugaard