Rendering of the proposed Mt. Sierra project.
At its Sept. 3 meeting, the Monrovia City Council, wearing its "Successor Agency" hat (which replaced the now-banned Redevelopment Agency) will consider what to do with the property at the southwest corner of Myrtle and Huntington. There are five proposals:
- An already-rejected multi-residential project.
- A campus for Mt. Sierra College with a cool design, but the city would like some retail there as well.
- A four-star, 120-room hotel proposed by the company, Singpoli. Potentially the highest revenue generating project.
- A 24-Hour Fitness with two restaurant/retail sites, proposed by Evergreen Development. The 24-Hour Fitness at Huntington and Shamrock would move there.
- Two restaurant/retail uses, proposed by Festival Companies. Possible restaurants for the site: Longhorn Steakhouse, Lucille's Bar-B-Que, Domenico's Italian Restaurant & Lounge, Corner Bakery, 85 Degree Café International, Blaze Pizza, and Five Guys.
More detail than you probably want, here: http://goo.gl/D3Eefk
- Brad Haugaard