In his weekly report ( http://goo.gl/rrnEvT ), City Manager Oliver Chi reports that ...
- Monrovia Police and Fire departments will square off in a volleyball fundraiser match to raise money for the Monrovia High School Girls' Volleyball Team on Nov. 5 at 5:40 p.m. at Monrovia Hig's Event Center. $5 at the door. Food tasting afterwards, for $15.
- the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Holiday Parade will be on Thursday, Dec. 3 beginning at 6 p.m. with the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in Library Park. Parade at 7 p.m. along Myrtle. Grand Marshal is Monrovian Chuck Keen, who has dedicated his life to support local veterans and military personnel.
- Holiday Home Decorating Contest applications will be available beginning Tuesday, Nov.r 17 at the Monrovia Community Center (119 West Palm Avenue) or at www.cityofmonrovia.org. Contest judging on Monday, Dec. 14. For details call the Department of Public Services at 256-8246.
- the city is installing new banner poles at the northern entrance of Old Town, on Myrtle just south of Foothill. The previous banner poles were damaged in the windstorm. A new concrete footing has been poured and the new banner poles should be ready for use by Nov. 18.
- the city and school district are working to have a permanent crossing guard at Santa Fe Middle School.
- fourteen people have completed Monrovia Area Partnership's Adult Leadership Academy. They'll be introduced to the City Council tonight.
- Assembly Member Chris Holden is looking for local nominees for "Unsung Hero" from the Civil Rights Era for Black History Month (February). For more information, contact Gerald Phillips at Gerald.Phillips@asm.ca.gov
- Brad Haugaard