In his weekly report ( http://goo.gl/cq4Ixs ), City Manager Oliver Chi reports that ...
- The city has been talking with the Monrovia School District about moving the 4th of July Fireworks Show to Monrovia High School.
- Southern California Gas Company plans to shut its Monrovia branch office at 141 S. Myrtle Ave. sometime after September 1.
- Raw Inspiration will take over the Street Fair on August 19 as kind of a soft opening, then on September 2 will roll out with all the planned improvements, including specialty foods (fresh meats, fish, eggs, etc.), flower, and crafts. Also, there'll be a special Kids Day event on the first Friday of every month.
- Friday Night Live Teen Scene program will kick off this Friday, July 8, at Library Park, and will run each Friday through August 26. Regular activities will begin at 7 p.m., with dinner provided. Youth bands will provide music from 7 to 8 p.m. Plus, foosball, billiards, ping pong, basketball, air hockey, arts & crafts, board games, and a dance competition with prizes. The program's Leadership Academy will be at 5:30 p.m. It'll include volunteer opportunities, food, prizes, and activities. Plus, participants will receive $100 at the end of the 8 week series, thanks to the generosity of the City of Duarte.
- Every Thursday evening through July 28 the Library will host a family dance party at 6 p.m. Families can jump, hop, and sing their way throughout Station Square Park to enjoy stories, songs, and movement.
- Monrovia Area Partnership will celebrate its 10th Anniversary where it all began, with a block party at Julian Fisher Park on Saturday, July 9, at 6 p.m. It will include free beef hot dogs, pork hot links, popcorn, activities for kids and families, and a movie, Hotel Transylvania 2.
- Brad Haugaard