At its December 15 meeting (agenda: http://goo.gl/jcOvJp ), the Monrovia City Council will ...
- Consider doing some preliminary work to replace the "structurally compromised" Oakglade water reservoir, which is full of "leaks, cracks, and root intrusion" with a larger capacity reservoir, which will cost about $3 million and take two years to complete. As part of the same action, the council will consider a new water well, which will eventually cost $2.7 million. In this action, however, the council will just consider hiring Civiltec to do the design work on the projects, for $616,620. I believe the reservoir is up Canyon, right at the point where it turns into Oakglade. http://goo.gl/eIOjEb
- Consider prohibiting the delivery of marijuana and medical marijuana products to and from the city, and prohibiting mobile marijuana dispensaries in the city. http://goo.gl/ihahxd
- Hear a report on historic districts in Monrovia. Here's the report: http://goo.gl/3mvGPO
- Again consider a deal with Daylight Limited, LLC to fix up the historic Santa Fe Depot. (The deal was on the agenda last meeting but the proposal wasn't ready, so i was put off to this meeting.) http://goo.gl/cVrlSQ
- Consider contracting with two companies to do engineering and landscape design work for Julian Fisher Park. http://goo.gl/eIOjEb
- Brad Haugaard